How to Delete Instagram Account in Mobile App
If you decide to delete Instagram account, there is good news that you need to know. While the account deletion process is not as simple as imagined, it can be done via a mobile device or computer. Once the account is deleted, the account information, content, and data stored on the account will be completely erased and non-refundable.
1. Touch the Instagram icon to open the app. You can not delete accounts directly through the “Edit Profile” menu, but you can do so through the “Help Center” option available in Instagram settings.
2. Open your Instagram profile. The profile or account page is a page that includes all the photos and stored media. You can access it by touching the human-shaped icons that are in the lower right corner of the screen.
3. Touch the settings button (marked with the gear icon). This button is in the top right corner of the screen. On an Android device, this button resembles three point lined.
4. Touch the “Help Center” option. This option is located at the bottom of the settings menu, in the “Support” group.
5. Select “Managing Your Account”. After that, you’ll be taken to a menu that includes account options, including account deletion options.
6. Touch the “Delete Your Account” link. After that, you will be taken to the account deletion page.
7. Select “How do I delete my account?”. You do not need to read all the content displayed on the page, but if you read it you will get an idea of the consequences of deleting your account, as well as alternative steps you can take in addition to deleting your account.
8. Touch the “Delete your account page” link. This link is listed in the first step of the page content.
- You can also select the “Temporarily disable your account” link to get a non-permanent solution. Disabled accounts can be re-activated whenever you want.
9. Enter your Instagram account username and password. This is done to verify the account deletion options.
- Select “Login” to proceed to the “Delete Your Account”.
10. Determine the reason for deleting the account. To do so, touch the bar at the bottom of the page, under the “Why are you deleting your account?” Text. You can select the appropriate reason from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Touch the “Done” button to continue the process.
11. Re-enter your account password. The column for typing a password is at the bottom of the page, under the text “To continue … enter your password”.]
12. Select “Permanently delete my account”. After that, your account will be permanently deleted, including all content and data stored.
- Keep in mind that if you want to re-join Instagram, you can not use the same username as your previous account username.
So the explanation. Thank you for visiting.