How to Practice Effective and Fast Presentations
Exercises, exercises and exercises. This is a habit that every presenter must always do before the presentation. I’m sure you do not want to run the risk of failure in the presentation. For that do intensive exercise so that your presentation goes according to plan you set.
Why is exercise important?
So you understand the importance of the following exercises I describe the benefits of exercise. Thus you would not think of leaving the exercise in every presentation that you would do.
1. Mastering the meteri with more mature
The more practice, the mastery of matter will be more mature. Memory will be stronger. Thus you will easily deliver the material without feeling the burden.
2. Customize the material with time
Each presentation has a time limit. And a good presentation is a presentation that fits the time available. And to be able to adjust the material with your time takes practice.
Exercise will make you know your material is less or excessive. If less you can add, if excess you can cut out parts that you can remove.
3. Find the best way
Each presentation session is unique. This is where the exercise will play a role. Exercise can help us find the best way to deliver presentations. How to speak, use pause, variation of voice, body lenguage and some other important aspects of your presentation.
4. Improve mental and confidence
Presentation is a show. This is what you have to believe, as well as a motivation to always give the best performance. It could be that you master the material, you have a good design, you are also skilled in delivering the presentation. But if the confidence of decline all can fall apart.
For that exercise is necessary. Exercise will keep you ready, the exercise will make you confident because you know exactly the scenario that you will run in the presentation.
How to exercise good?
There are several ways you can apply the exercises in front of the mirror, exercise in front of others, exercise with the visual media, exercise adjust time and keep practicing until you can look natural.
- Practice in front of mirror – A mirror is a medium that we can use to practice presentations. Practice in front of an effective mirror to assess our skills, use of body language and enthusiasm we have. Notice every thing that appears in the mirror. Note things that need to be fixed. Then fix it until you find the best look.
- Exercise before others – If you want to get a more objective assessment practice in front of others. But you must make sure that the other person is able to provide an assessment. At least they have experience in the field of presentation. Thus they can provide correct judgments are not perfunctory.
- Exercise with video recorder – If you have a video recorder, you can use it for your presentation exercises. By recording your practice using a video recorder, you can see the whole path of your presentation. You can evaluate everything from your presentation, from verbal language, body language, timeliness, and other aspects.
- Keep practicing until you can look natural – Do repetitive presentation exercises until you can actually deliver the presentation material naturally. This is important, because the audience likes something natural. If the exercise is successful, then the opportunity to display a great presentation will be easy to achieve.
Such are the ways you can do the exercises. Do these exercises intensively and you’ll see yourself performing more comfortable, better prepared and more confident in the presentation.